Monday, March 4, 2013

spring

march always makes me itch for warm weather and change. i actually "want" to clean...kinda. i also find myself opening every single set of blinds/curtains in my house. today i even researched the best flowers to plant in idaho. 
{it's a little known secret that i LOVE to garden. not vegetables. just flowers.}

anyway, i have a few DIY projects planned and already finished one to go with my spring decor!

DIY: rag garland
 basically for the rag garland i just used scrap fabric that i already had and gray ribbon. i cut strips about 6 inches long and tied them to the ribbon. easy peasy! 

now i REALLY need some input about this stupid built-in. don't get me wrong...i love built-in's. but the wood  is seriously clashing with my front room. it has been an eye sore since we moved in a year ago and i haven't really done anything because we will probably be moving in a little over a year and it's just a rental. but really i think i would just be doing our sweet old landlords a favor...considering the entire rest of the house is beige with white trim. plus thinking about looking at it for another year annoys me. 
so here's the dilemma...all white or beige inside with white trim?



and here is the "spring" printable that i created!
stay tuned for the next DIY...a spring wreath!


3 comments:

  1. Nicole it is beautiful. The great thing about built in's is you can change them often. You did a great job. I love reading your stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here :). I absolutely love spring. I'm printing out your printable for sure!

    www.kermit-and-piggy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for leaving a comment : ) I will stop by!

      Delete