Monday, March 11, 2013

{inside} photography tips

i am really bad at taking pictures in the winter. mostly it is because we don't do much and we are trapped inside all day every day going crazy...and no one really cares to remember those kind of days. 
but another reason is because i don't ever like how my indoor pictures turn out...you know, with that orangish yellow tint. ugly. 
take kellen's 9 month pictures for example. i usually end up turning them to black & white because i can't stand it. 

so today i was doing my usual nap time things like dishes, laundry, facebook, pinterest, blogging and i just happened to stumble across these photography tips. i was excited to try them out and the pictures surpassed my expectations. 

i know, i know. i have had my DSLR for 3 years now and i am just now learning the in's and out's. 
can anyone say lazzzy?

who knew that indoor pictures were all about fixing the white balance and no flash? 
probably a lot of people. but not me. 
check out the tips above and you will not be disappointed. 
here's proof. 
not one single edit.









she was a trooper. yes, we are still in our pj's at 3pm. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am impressed! And we are in the same DSLR boat. "If only we knew how to use it..." Totally going to go and look at those tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw! so cute! we're often in our pj's well into the afternoon too :)
    thanks for posting my button--I just added yours to my site too!

    ReplyDelete