Friday, February 15, 2013

feel good about today

valentines day was perfect. 
full of home made valentines, love, heart shaped cinnamon rolls, valentines cartoons, suprises, food, and A LOT of candy.
 needless to say we will be on a sugar high for the next few days. 

this morning i felt a slight presence of spring. kellen woke me up around 9 and i gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep. emma was still asleep so i decided to read some more of my new book i got from the husband for valentines. as i was reading, my bedroom was bright with sunshine and i actually heard a bird chirping! i got lost in thoughts of warm spring weather, walks, time at the park, and green grass. unfortunately the second i looked out the window i was reminded that our yard still has a thick blanket of snow and although a high of 38* is appreciated, it's not quite spring weather. 

once emma finally woke up at 10:30 we had breakfast and of coarse a side of candy : ) 
my chocolate of choice is dove, its like a chocolate fortune candy! 
mine was right on for today...



sometimes i get lost thinking about the next season/holiday/big event. i create a perfect picture of what it will be like and that gets me through the empty days/weeks with nothing big going on. i live for parties and family events but today i decided that i am going to just live for today. snuggle and play with my kiddos, find the special things about today and live in the moment. 



{kellen is still asleep as i write at 11:30...and i feel pretty darn good about that} 

2 comments:

  1. HOLY SMOKES!!! I wish my kids slept like that! Although Benson slept until 8:30 and that is a miracle for him! What do you do to make your kids sleep in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kristen, I start them around 6 months when they can hold their own bottle and I switch to formula. When they wake up around 6-8am I go make a bottle and take it in their room. I leave the light off and only use the light from the hall. I give them the bottle and change their diaper while they are still in the crib. Then leave without saying anything. Then they just fall back asleep and usually it is for a minimum of an hour. As they get older, they start to just sleep in without needing the morning bottle! They are both in bed between 7-8 every night . I really think they need the extra sleep and if you don't make them think it is time to wake up then they will go back to sleep.

      Delete