Tuesday, February 5, 2013

a guide to blog buttons

blog buttons are a cute & fun way to get your blog out there for others to see, and create your own brand. when i was making mine i went through more than a few tutorials and everyone was doing it differently. i got annoyed really quickly and just about settled for something i wasn't happy with... until i came across a few websites/blogs that just laid it all out so simply!

first you have to create your button, which i found pretty easy and fun after following this tutorial.

now that the fun and easy part is done, you get into the computer language mumbo-jumbo.{which i have good reason to hate considering my dad is a professional computer man and all things computer problems turns into a big project} i looked EVERYWHERE to try and find out how to put it on my blog with a "grab the link" box underneath. 
nothing was working.
then i came across this gem. it is a website that creates the codes for you...genius!

now hopefully others will have better luck and spend less time on their own blog button : )

2 comments:

  1. yeah i was thinking I needed to make one and I forgot how i did it before! thanks for sharing! and I love all the new clothes I saw you got on instagram!! way to go on all those good deals!

    I am pretty sure I am not loading photos from instagram to my blog the fastest way. I just plugged my phone in to my computer and put them together in photoshop.

    but I do like these apps so far :)

    http://www.smallfryblog.com/2012/12/02/family-photo-tips-giveaway/

    Have a great day Nicole! oh I was seriously thinking of you this morning...I wish we lived closer! I think you would make an awesome walking partner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome : )I am with you on living closer. I wish I had some friends my age around here and a walking buddy would kick my butt in gear!

      Delete