Thursday, January 26, 2012

Done, for real.

Last weekend we set off to search antique stores for a rocking chair. At the first store we found a dresser and the cutest headboard for Emma's future bed (when baby boy grows out of the cradle). At the second store we had the choice of a few rocking chairs and found the PERFECT one! It sits pretty low to the ground and I love that my feet can completely touch the ground which is a problem with most rocking chairs and me. Anyways, not that you would know now but it used to be lime green. Seriously. The dresser was just plain wood so we added a little character to that too : ) The best find of all were the soccer knobs. Found by Trevor at the second antique store. There were only 4 sets so we had to work with what we had. After a couple freezing hours painting outside we are very happy with how they turned out! Now we are seriously done with the baby's room.
I feel like this waiting game is annoying. I am about 37 weeks and I can hardly take it! The fact that Emma came at 38 weeks keeps me hoping we will have a baby in a week or two instead of three. I am having tons of lower back pain that past few days and a few contractions here and there...I feel like I don't know what to expect because I didn't really have any contractions or pain with Emma before my water broke. I am so in the dark on what to expect! Tuesday I get my membranes stripped (with Emma she came the day after that) So cross you fingers!!! : )

p.s. the doctor said that earliest day he would induce is Feb. 14th. What are your thoughts on a boy having his birthday on Valentine's day? I just don't know how I feel about it.

4 comments:

  1. I saw Kerrie today and she said you r still lookin cute as ever but you are ready to be done. Keep us posted... GOOD LUCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! I love it all!! You guys are the best at furniture transformations :o)

    If you didn't make SUCH cute kids and if Emma wasn't the future most popular, adorable girl ever, I'd say the due date would be an issue. You'd hate to have some poor boy who has to have a pity date on Valentine's Day just because it's his birthday! Your boy will be adorable, though, a cute little boy version of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds! I love the soccer theme, very cute! Hope he comes soon but not before I have my little boy because then I will be extremely jealous! :o) Hope everything goes well and I can't wait to see pictures of your cute little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you're so close! The furniture looks great! So Dan's brother and bro-in-law both have birthdays on Feb 14th. The truth is, once they got girlfriends/married, it wasn't so much about their birthday as it was Valentine's Day. Though my sis-in-law is pretty good about celebrating the birth part. I guess it depends on who they marry and date! But up until then, I'd guess it's just like any other day ... better than Christmas ... worse than not on a holiday. Always get treats at school!

    ReplyDelete