Sunday, November 4, 2012

Being a mom.

Being a mom is crazy, hard, silly, fun, testing, joyful, stressful, and every other whirlwind of emotion you can think of. Some days I think about putting my degree to use, maybe not full time, but just something to feel some sort of return or fulfillment...not to mention the financial benefits while Trevor is in school.

Just about every single time I talk to my dad he asks when I am going to apply for teaching jobs...I come from a hard working family where EVERYONE works to contribute their part. So being a full time stay at home mom with out doing ANYTHING else is kinda breaking the mold. Lots of things have been running through my head lately and it has been hard to sort out. Well Stake Conference today laid it all out for me.

I have NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE heard such a stern warning about staying home to raise your children. Our stake president started off saying that he did not want to give this talk and has been wrestling with it for months. He proceeded to tell all women that they need to give up anything to stay at home with their children including downsizing houses, cars, wardrobes, etc. He said doing so will welcome immediate and long lasing blessings. It sure was a wake up call to stop looking for something outside of the home to give me fulfillment. My kids NEED me and their eternal salvation depends on me being the one constant in their lives. Talk about huge!

I am so thankful for our church leaders and answered prayers. The gospel is true!!! : )

3 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean! I've had the same feelings about whether or not to find a teaching job...but staying at home w/the kids is the best decision for sure! I still have to sub a few times a year to keep my license...but I still get to stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for your post. I have been struggling with the thoughts of quitting my job and staying at home. The extra money is nice and the whats ifs just scare me to death. Tony has been trying to be so supportive by telling me that this is the time that our kids need me the most but I LOVE MY JOB and have such a GREAT BOSS!!! You are just a an awesome mom and a AMAZING PERSON hope you have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the ultimate sacrifice. I always hear people say, "you are so lucky to be a stay-at-home-mom" and yes it is nice but it comes with HUGE sacrifices. We have one car, clothes shopping sadly doesn't happen often for me and extras don't exists. Yes that's me, lucky! ha ha But when you step back and look at your priorities and what is really important, its good to know you are doing the work of heaven in your home with your kids.

    ReplyDelete