Wednesday, May 1, 2013

crazy mom syndrome

crazy mom syndrome- a condition that occurs when a women has been around her children for an extended amount of time without a break.
                               
i strongly believe that the cure for "crazy mom syndrome" is to just get away. sometimes all you need is a little over the counter drug like going grocery shopping alone or a date night. but sometimes you need something stronger and that's when you write yourself a prescription for a weekend away from the kids.

lucky for me trevor, his mom and i bought him tickets to the real salt lake vs. la galaxy game back in February for his birthday. it could not have come at a more perfect time for me or him. so after emma's soccer game, my 5k {finished in under 30min!}and a round of golf, trevor and i packed up and headed to salt lake!



we headed straight to the game and loved every minute of it even though landon donovan didn't get to play{trevor's favorite player}. the we went and checked into our room for the night {trevor's grandma's time share RIGHT on temple square}and proceeded to walk around down town salt lake at 10:30 at night before finding a cute little cafe to eat dinner. 



sunday morning we went to music and the spoken word on temple square. it was my first time and absolutely amazing!


 then we walked around temple square. it was the most perfect weather.






and my breath was taken away by the thousands of beautiful flowers!




yes, my children drive me insane sometimes and every once in a while i just need an extended break but i am always happy to come home refreshed and see my little crazies again. 




and a shout out to my mother in law who is always SO willing to watch these kiddos!



No comments:

Post a Comment