Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Weakness


 Emma and I had a grand time making c.c. cookies yesterday. I found a new recipe via pintrest (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-big-fat-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie/) and decided to give it a go. Let me tell you I am VERY picky about my cookies and usually just make them so I can eat the dough and everyone else can eat the cooked version. I am usually only satisfied by cookies from store bought dough. Yesterday I found a recipe I will actually eat after cooking them!!!! This could be seen as good or bad and today I decided it is the latter because I may have had 5 cookies and about 5 cookies worth of dough in the past 2 days. oops. 

Just a few tips: chill the dough for an hour before cooking....apparently it keeps cookies from going super flat. I used salted butter because that's all I had and it didn't ruin anything, I think. Lastly I used 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and 3/4 cup semi-sweet. I read somewhere that this is what they do with store bought cookies! 

She wanted to wear an apron like me so I fixed one of mine to fit her : )

We went on a walk and let the dough chill before cooking and she was trying SO hard to be patient while they cooked when we got home. 

Sometimes I wish I could be a cool food photographer. Click the link for the recipe and the picture there might actually make you want to try them : )

She was a tad excited.


The recipe says to put 1/4 cup scoops of dough on the pan...the cookies turned out huge. Just the way I like them!

Can't enjoy cookies with out milk and you can't enjoy milk without a straw. duh.


Now I am enjoying a quiet Emma-free weekend thanks to an awesome grandma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment